Monday, August 20, 2012

Banana Republic Fall Arrivals

When I stopped at the mall to return a purse my mom hadn't wanted to Nordstroms I realized I hadn't been to BR in a few months and stopped by to take a look at the end of summer sale. A few pictures are below:

BR Monogram Sequin Tank: This gorgeous tank is lined with a stretchy polyester fabric and very comfortable (unless your arms brush against the outside!). Unfortunately it gives me the flat uni-boob in size S but size M has gaping armholes so it was a no. The sequins are small and non-dangly and not too shiny, which is great. The cut of the shirt is also not forgiving to slight tummies since it all stretch and cling. Specific bumps aren't too obvious - just the overall shape. Ignore the terrible too-small pants below!



Jackson fit linen/cotton button-tab trouser: I really, really, really liked these pants but ordered them online since they're $74.99 in stores and $59.99 online (plus 25% off with purchase over $150 with code 'BRSUMMER25'. It's a basically half-linen, half-cotton blend that is fully lined with a polyester (silky, non-stretch) fabric. I love the looseness of the legs - extremely comfortable! Also runs slightly large as I found the 4P fit the best (6P wayy too large in waist and behind). Even the 'petite' version is about an inch too long on me even with heels so this pair will have to be hemmed at a tailor.



After coming home and looking at the BR website, I found and really liked the Emma rugby stripe tee (below). I got a navy blazer from Uniqlo a few weeks ago when I was in NYC and wanted a striped non-navy tee of some sort to wear with it. I wish I had seen this in stores!


No comments:

Post a Comment